Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lettuce Alone!

After speaking to my good friend Jamie who told me she lost 9 pounds in a month simply by cutting carbs from her meals, I determined that I would begin a "lettuce alone campaign." Granted, it's only day 4 or so. But 3 pounds have disappeared into thin air!

So, since those who know me know that I feel that strict recipe adherence is for the birds (which is why my baking isn't as strong as my cooking), you won't be surprised to know that any of "my" recipes which I have devised will more than likely NOT feature specific measurements here, but I promise that if I follow someone else's recipe, they will be posted in their entirety.

Back to the campaign. It seems to be a success (as long as I don't get a midnight craving to make double chocolate drop cookies or run out to IHOP in a mad dash to get my hands on a bacon cheeseburger as quickly as possible.


Here's what I've done the past week.


Taco salad - romaine leaves with shredded chicken, tomatoes, cheese, onions, sour cream, avocado, little bit of spanish rice

Southwest salad - grilled chicken with corn, black beans, tortilla crisps, lime, cheese

Steak on romaine leaves with oranges, red onions, tossed with olive oil and garlic

Tabouleh salad with greek meatballs



I'm putting off seafood as long as humanly possible, but I know it is inevitable.

Ideas coming up are:

Crab and avocado salad

Citrus Shrimp salad

Salad nicoise


I know much can be done with beans, quinoa and even fruit....not to mention cheeses. Oh and the possibilities with cucumbers! The kiddos and the hubby are surprisingly supportive of this crunchy, green new world. Depriving myself of carbohydrates is not my idea of a good time, but I'm willing to see this through for awhile!

Thanks for the read! Written recipes to come soon, hopefully along with some guest chef authors as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment