Chicken in a Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato and Wine Sauce served over Pasta
3 T butter
1 T olive oil
4 lg boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
2 T all purpose flour
1 lb bowtie pasta
2 shallots, monced (I used garlic cloves)
1/2 c white wine
1 c whipping cream
1/2 c oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
3 T chopped fresh basil
salt & pepper
1. Bring large quantity of salted water to a boil in a stockpot.
2. Melt butter and oil in a large skillet. Toss chicken strips in flour and sear over med-high heat until golden brown and just cooked. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate.
3. Add pasta to boiling water. Add shallots to the skillet and saute over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir wine, cream, tomatoes, and basil into the skillet, scraping up bits of chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until the sauce thickens.
4. Return chicken to skillet to heat through. Salt & pepper to taste.
5. When pasta is al dente, drain, reserving 1/2 c water to add to sauce if it needs more liquid, or for added richness, add more cream. Serve sauce over pasta.
Courtesy of diva cook and dear friend Stephanie Arnold.