* 2 cups whole grain organic pastry flour (or flour of your choice!)
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
* 6 ounces lemon yogurt (about 2/3 cup)
* 3/4 cup milk
* 4 tablespoons butter, melted
* 2 large eggs
* 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries, thawed
* More sugar or cinnamon-sugar, for topping
Heat oven to 400°. Grease and flour muffin cups or line with paper liners.
Combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt; set aside.
In a mixing bowl whisk together the lemon juice and zest, yogurt, milk, cooled butter, and eggs; stir in flour mixture just until ingredients are moistened.
Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake for about 20 minutes, until browned and tops spring back when lightly touched with a finger.
Makes 15 to 18 muffins.
*Inspired by my lovely friend Melissa!